Setting up my Charlie Brown Christmas tree on one side of my entertainment center, and my Menorah on the other side, as well as getting my altar ready for Yule.
It’s pretty amazing to celebrate all three holidays. I can’t hate on any of them since I pretty much grew up celebrating Hanukkah, and Christmas, even though my parents pretty much celebrate Hanukkah more.
You’re a lovely month. I want to go ice skating.
I’ve had an insane week so far. I’ve been working 9 hour shifts at my job all week this week, which I love because I need money, but my feet are killing me right now. There is also this awesome Japanese place that opened up in the mall where I work, and I went and ate there yesterday. It was delicious, and I shit you not it’s a fast food Hibachi restaurant, because they make all your food in front of you. It’s all cooked in vegetable oil, and it’s so yummy. Plus it’s cheap, and they give you a lot for your buck, the one thing I bought for $4.99, lasted me lunch and dinner.
I can’t believe that October is done with. It seems like it just started yesterday, so everyone on my block already has their Christmas stuff up. Don’t get me wrong, I love Yule, but I sort of want my Samhain/Halloween decor to stay up a little longer outside. Plus I’m lazy and can’t be arsed to take it all down right now.
Tomorrow I have off, unless they call me in, which they might. So I’m going to sit home and catch up on all my shows that I’ve missed this week, and drink cups of apple cider, because that’s how I roll when I don’t work.
Aww thanks! You are officially the first person to say that to me! I don’t find that question at all intrusive! I tend to wear different kind of perfume though! I really don’t have one set scent. I’m big into dark and bold scents, but I also really enjoy flirty scents when I’m into that sort of mood.
Right now I wear:
Tom Ford: Black Orchid - I received a free sample of it with my Sephora order, and omg amazing! I love how deep and dark it is, and will cry once my sample runs out because I cannot afford a bottle of this stuff.
Britney Spears Collection - I wear Curious, Believe, Circus and Fantasy. I haven’t tried any of her other scents, as I tend to buy them when they go to Wal-mart for under $20.00. I’m not a huge fan of celebrity endorsed perfumes, but she has put out some amazing scents. Some flirty and light (curious), and some dark and mysterious (fantasy).
Popular by Wicked - Yes, I bought the fragrance from the Broadway show. It is probably the most expensive perfume I have right now ($40.00!!), but I couldn’t help myself. Again, this is a fun, flirty fragrance with glitter specks in the bottle. I’m planning on getting the sister scent ‘Defying Gravity’ soon.
Sarah Jessica Parker: Covet - It’s dark and heavy, which is one of the main reasons I picked this up. What I like about this one, is that it doesn’t take a lot to be bold. Just one spritz and you smell like it all day.
Burberry Brit Sheer - It’s a nice perfume to spritz on on a hot day. When it’s really really hot out, dark scents tend to overpower me, and give me a bit of a headache.
And of course my obsession with Black Phoenix Alchemy is nothing to be messed with. I tend to break my budget during the Halloween & Yule catalog. I tend to buy up each scent that I adore and then wear it throughout the year so Fall/Winter (my favourite seasons), and Halloween/Samhain/Christmas/Yule (my favourite Holidays) are with me 24/7. Cause, you know, when it’s 85 degrees outside and I am missing the cold weather, I just put some of ‘Samhain’ on and I dream of better days.
I’ve collected other perfumes over the years, all of them have been given to me by family/friends, and I really don’t care for them. Victoria’s Secret: Dream Angels ‘Halo’ smells funky, but I still have that bottle and it’s practically full.
My Grandmother surprised me with a check in the mail. I pretty much peed myself with excitement, and headed to the bank to put it in my savings account, but obviously not before I took some money out to go do a bit of shopping. I found some really good deals today, and I have to say that I left the stores feeling satisfied and not at all guilty for spending money.
First I went to the thrift shop and found all these goodies:
- Candle-Lite black & orange pillars (they are supposed to be scented but I can’t smell anything). They look brand new though, and I usually don’t buy candles from the thrift shop because of them possibly being old, but these caught my eye. $1.99 each
- Winters Heart by Robert Jordan, What the Dickens? by Gregory Maguire, and All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris. ALL HARDCOVERS $1.79 each
- Yankee Candle ‘North Pole’ jar candle. It was never used, and for the price, I had to snatch it up. ’North Pole’ is my favourite Yankee Candle Yule/Christmas scent. These things are usually $20.00 at the stores, when I only picked it up for $2.99
Speaking of Yankee Candle. Today I went and paid my internet bill, I stopped by Yankee Candle because they are having a $1.00 sale, and I stocked up on some of my favourite scents. I also ended up leaving with a job interview, which makes me all giddy inside because I love Yankee Candle. I go in for the interview this Saturday. Anyways, I picked up:
- Harvest, Witches’ Brew, and Spiced Pumpkin. I’m thinking of going back there tomorrow and buying up all of the Harvest, and Witches’ Brew, because those two are my top favourites. I was lucky enough to find Witches’ Brew, because that is the scent that tends to sell out right away. Those six votives though, should last me through till next fall if I burn carefully.
I went and had my first (and possibly last) non-fat decaf Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. It was heaven in a tall cup. My tastebuds are now ready for Peppermint mochas. BRING IT!
Finally I went to the comic shop and bought:
- Batgirl #1: I know there are some people that don’t want Barbara Gordon back as Batgirl, but omg this issue was AMAZING. I’m so glad to have Babs back. The artwork is beautiful as well.
- Static Shock #1: Not going to lie to you, this issue was my most anticipated issue of the DC 52. I haven’t read it yet, I will later tonight, I’m really stoked!
- Detective Comics #1: The artwork and storyline were both really great. I’m interesting to see how this plot line goes, especially with that ending.
- Justice League International #1: An impulse buy. I wasn’t going to get this, but my shop was all out of Action Comics #1, so I decided to get this one instead. Not that impressed yet. I think I’ll give it two more issues and if it hasn’t pulled me in, I’m going to drop it.
All in all, I had a pretty awesome day today. Hope yours was great :]